Did you recently purchase a vehicle in North Carolina?
If so, you would have been issued a Limited Registration plate, after paying for the registration and sales tax. Residents with a Limited Registration plate need to pay local taxes before a permanent plate is issued. Follow the directions below to pay your limited registration property tax on myNCDMV:
How to pay limited registration property tax
2. Log in or create an account using your email address or any of the social sign-on options (Apple, Facebook or Google). If using the website, you can also choose to continue as guest (For more information, see Create a myNCDMV profile).
3. Click Pay Property Tax - New Vehicle and follow the conversation prompts.
4. Enter your License Plate Number and last 5 of your Title Number and click Search.
5. Confirm your vehicle information by clicking Yes.
6. Verify your insurance information, and update if needed. Then, click Yes, that's right.
7. Confirm or update your address information (see Address changes on vehicle registrations).
8. Enter your contact information.
9. Review your Vehicle Renewal Summary and click Add item to cart.
10. Click Go to cart to checkout.
11. Select Choose a Payment Method and add a Credit/Debit Card or Link a bank account, then click Submit.
12. Review the payment summary click on the blue Pay $--.-- button.
Once your payment is submitted, you will receive an email receipt and if signed in, a receipt will be stored in the Receipts tab of your profile (see Where can I find my receipt?).