North Carolina combines the billing of annual vehicle registration fees and vehicle property taxes so that they can be paid together on myNCDMV. Your vehicle must be inspected within 90 days of the renewal date to be eligible for renewal.
To get started, create an account or use the guest sign-in option, select the "Renew a Vehicle Registration" feature, and follow the chat prompts:
- Enter your license plate number and last 5 of title number and select the blue "Search" button.
- Verify that your insurance information is correct.
- Confirm or update your residential, mailing, and vehicle addresses.
- Submit your name and phone number for contact information.
- Review your Vehicle Renewal Summary. Select "Add Item to Cart" or choose to make changes if needed.
- In the Cart, choose a payment method, and enter credit/debit card info or link to a bank account.
- Click the blue "Pay $amount" button to complete your payment.
You will receive an email receipt, and a receipt will be added to the "Receipts" tab in your myNCDMV profile.