North Carolina residents can renew their driver's license online at myNCDMV. After logging in, click on Renew a License or ID Card and follow the conversation prompts to renew and complete the payments. Read the questions below to learn more about the process, and what you will need to renew:
- Can I renew my driver license online?
- What information do I need to renew my driver license online?
- Can I upload a new photo during an online renewal?
- Can I renew a REAL ID online?
Can I renew my driver license online?
Yes, Class C driver licenses can be renewed online if the following are true:
- There are no restrictions other than Corrective Lenses.
- Your Class C license is not more than 2 years expired.
- No changes in vision have occurred in the last 6 months.
- You agree to the terms and conditions.
What information do I need to renew my driver license online?
To renew your Class C driver license online, you need the following:
- Driver License Number
- Date of Birth
- Last 4-digits of Social Security number
Can I upload a new photo during an online renewal?
No, your new license will reuse the photo from your current license.
Can I renew a REAL ID online?
Yes, you can renew a REAL ID online if you have already been issued a REAL ID prior to this renewal.