You can upgrade your full provisional license to a Class C by logging into myNCDMV and following the directions below.
- When you arrive at your dashboard, select Upgrade Full Provisional License in the Driver License section.
- After you have reviewed and confirmed the eligibility conditions and criteria, enter your license information.
- You will be shown the information currently on file with the DMV and be asked if your residential and mailing addresses are still correct. You will be given the option to update both.
Please note that your mailing address must be within the state of North Carolina. No out-of-state mailing addresses are currently allowed. If you need to have your license shipped out of state, please contact the DMV at (919) 615-6140 to discuss alternative options.
- Provide your phone number in case we need to contact you about your order.
- You will be asked to review your organ donor and voter registration statuses, and can make changes to them if necessary.
Declining to make a change to your voter registration status will not affect your current registration status.
- After agreeing to use the signature on file with the DMV to apply to your license application, you will be given the option to download your application as a PDF for your records. If you select Yes you will be given a link to download your application. Selecting No will not affect your application.
- You will be presented with a summary of your license application. If everything looks correct, please select Looks good. If you need to change something, you can select No, I need to change something.
- The temporary license you will be emailed will not have your photograph on it and may not be used as a valid form of photo identification. Your new license will reuse the picture from your current license. Click I understand to continue with your order.
- You will be shown a payment summary of your order, and if everything looks correct, select I understand, add it to my cart.
- Your order will be added to your cart. To access your cart and make your payment, select Go to cart at the bottom of your screen, or click on the cart icon in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- In your cart you will see your Full Provisional Upgrade order, and any other orders you have placed in your cart. Click on the blue Checkout button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can specify which payment method you would like to use. Once a payment method has been selected, click on the blue button that says Pay and lists the dollar amount of your transaction.
- You will see that your payment method was successful. A receipt and temporary driving certificate will be emailed to you, and your new license will arrive within 20 business days.