To renew a vehicle registration on myNCDMV, you must enter the license plate number and last five of the title.
If you are getting an error message that the Plate and Verification Number do not match, it means that the last 5 of the title number you have does not match what the DMV has on record: "Plate and verification number do not match. Please verify data entered."
- I used the title number from my renewal notice, why am I seeing this error?
- Why did my title number change?
- How can I find my current title number?
- Now that I have my current title number, how can I pay online?
I used the title number from my renewal notice, why am I seeing this error?
If you are seeing this error message when using the title number from your renewal notice, that means that the DMV has updated the title number since mailing out that notice.
Why did my title number change?
A title number may be updated by the DMV for a number of reasons, including:
- Newly purchased Vehicle
- Vehicle was recently paid off
- Vehicle was refinanced
- A duplicate title was ordered
How can I find my current title number?
You can easily look up the current title number on the DMV Portal at myDMV: https://edmv.ncdot.gov/MyDMV/MyDMVAccount/Login
1. Log in using the following:
- Driver License/ID Number
- Last Four of Social
- Date of Birth
2. Scroll down and click on the vehicle on the bottom right-hand of the page.
3. Your vehicle information will be listed, and you can click on Title & Lien to display the full title number that is on record with the DMV.
If you are still getting an error message after that, please contact the NC DMV at 919-715-7000 or with this online form for more information.